Occupational Therapy Assessment
An Occupational Therapy Assessment is recommended when children are experiencing certain difficulties such as poor handwriting, having trouble putting their ideas onto paper within time constraints, gross/fine motor delays, clumsiness, difficulties with initiating and completing tasks and showing poor organisational skills, following more complex instructions, and concentration difficulties.
A Pro Ed occupational therapy assessment incorporates a maths assessment. This assessment includes:
- Visual perception, which underlies reading, handwriting and maths
- Visual memory
- Visual tracking
- Handwriting and letter formation
- Handwriting speed (if applicable)
- Sitting posture
- Pencil grip and hand functions
- Fine motor skills
- Gross motor coordination
- Identification of dyspraxia
- Clinical observation of specific learning and emotional issues, e.g ADD/ADHS, autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, anxiety, etc.
- $600 - includes full written report