This is a multi-team, multi-disciplinary holistic approach that involves educational psychologists, occupational therapists, and assessors. A team assessment is usually necessary when your child is experiencing learning or behavioural difficulties.
Your child is assessed from multiple perspectives to ensure a fuller picture of your child’s functioning is achieved. This type of assessment is also valuable when monitoring a child’s scholastic progress by looking at their learning style and any particular strengths or weaknesses.
A team assessment includes:
- Scholastic testing for reading accuracy, comprehension, phonics and spelling, mathematics and written work.
- Assessing of cognition, verbal and non-verbal intelligence, applied skills of visual and auditory memory and processing abilities.
- Diagnosing dyslexia, dysgraphia and/or dyscalculia.
- Clinical observation of specific learning and emotional issues, such as ADD/ADHS, autism, Asperger’s, anxiety, dyspraxia, etc.
- Visual memory.
- Handwriting and letter formation, and sitting posture.
- Fine motor skills.
- Gross motor coordination and muscle tone.
- Visual perception (which underlies reading and handwriting).
- $1600 - includes full written reports